COVID-19 Response Update from Pleasant Bay Village Resort
We have always worked to make sure our guests enjoy a safe, peaceful and worry-free stay at Pleasant Bay Village Resort. As our 2020 season approaches and we prepare to open for our 67th year we recognize that the COVID-19 virus has changed the world, and we are all affected by these changes. Cleanliness and safety have always been a top priority for us and now more than ever, extra attention will be paid to ensure the safety of our guests. Additional staff training and the use of approved COVID-19 disinfectants will be utilized in accordance guidelines set forth by the Center for Disease Control, Environmental Protection Agency, World Health Organization as well as other State and local agencies. All accommodations have their own private entrances and there are 11 buildings spread out over the property ensuring social distancing can easily be maintained. Remember, this seven acre piece of paradise is also our home, and we take the spread of this virus very seriously.
All upcoming reservations through June 17th are flexible, as situations evolve. We continue to do the right thing for all of our guests and ask the same of our guests with regards to exposure, illness and safety.
As of now the State of Massachusetts has issued an order for lodging to remain closed until June 8th. Below is our plan for opening after that date. While we continue to monitor the situation and recommendations, we may have to alter plans as more information becomes available.
We will be making the following adjustments to our operating procedures in 2020:
- Prior to arrival, we will send an email to each guest outlining the different protocols that have been implemented in order for social distancing practices to be upheld. This email will also provide details on the type of housekeeping services offered at the hotel. Guests will be asked to provide their housekeeping preference prior to arrival or at check-in.
- Our check-in counter at reception has a plexiglass shield protecting guests and staff. Staff will be wearing masks. Guests will be required to wear masks in the lobby and all other indoor common areas. Guests will check-in one room at a time to avoid gathering in the reception area. A dispenser with hand sanitizer will be provided for guests at the front desk and various locations around the property. Room keys will be sanitized prior to your arrival and curbside check-in will be available if requested.
- After check-out, rooms will be sanitized according to protocols set forth by the leading authorities on this subject including the CDC, OSHA, and WHO.
- Breakfast will not be served at the property until further notice.
- The lobby will not be open to the public. Guests will be allowed in the lobby (masks required), one family/room at a time.
- The pool and hot tub area will be open with guidelines and limitations in place, as required by the Town of Chatham Board of Health. Staff members will be present to ensure social distancing is maintained and all chairs, tables, and lounges will be properly sanitized after each use.
Activities abound in Chatham!
You could take a day trip to Martha’s Vineyard or Nantucket, charter a sport fishing boat, go on a whale watch, or take a water taxi to a secluded beach. Surrounded by water on three sides and considered by many to be the nicest town on the Cape with its natural beauty and quaint village, make Chatham a classic New England vacation spot.
Centrally located on the elbow of Cape Cod, make Chatham just a short distance to all that the Cape has to offer. Enjoy the beautiful beaches, fishing, boating, hiking at the National Seashore, biking on the Cape Cod Rail Trails, or nearby golf and tennis. Go shopping, antiquing, gallery browsing, or to a Friday Night band concert! Dine out in our many fine restaurants and enjoy native lobsters, steamers and the freshest seafood available anywhere.
Once a quiet fishing community, Chatham has become Cape Cod’s premier destination location. Generations have continued to come back year after year, and we hope you will come and visit too!