COVID-19 Update from Pleasant Bay Village Resort
Cleanliness and safety have always been a top priority for us and now more than ever, extra attention is paid to ensure the safety of our guests as well as our team. Additional staff training and the use of approved COVID-19 disinfectants are utilized in accordance with guidelines set forth by the Center for Disease Control, Environmental Protection Agency, World Health Organization as well as other State and local agencies. All accommodations have their own private entrances and there are 11 buildings spread out over the property ensuring social distancing can easily be maintained. Our accommodations also have windows as well as their own air-conditioning systems so there is no shared air between units. This seven acre piece of paradise is also our home, and we take the spread of this virus very seriously. As such, we have made the following adjustments to our operating procedures for 2021.
- We have modified our 30 day cancellation policy.
- Prior to arrival, we will send an email to each guest outlining the different protocols that have been implemented in order for social distancing practices to be upheld. This email will also provide details on the type of housekeeping services offered at the hotel. Guests will be asked to provide their housekeeping preference prior to arrival or at check-in.
- Our check-in counter at reception has a plexiglass shield protecting guests and staff. Staff will be wearing masks. Guests will be required to wear masks in the lobby and all other indoor common areas. Guests will check-in one room at a time to avoid gathering in the reception area. A dispenser with hand sanitizer will be provided for guests at the front desk and various locations around the property. Room keys will be sanitized prior to your arrival.
- After check-out, rooms will be sanitized according to protocols set forth by the leading authorities on this subject including the CDC, OSHA, and WHO.
- The lobby will not be open to public gathering. Guests are allowed in the lobby (masks required), one family/room at a time.
- The pool and hot tub area are open with guidelines and limitations in place, as required by the State of Massachusetts and Town of Chatham Board of Health. A pool attendant will be present to ensure social distancing is maintained and all chairs, tables, and lounges will be properly sanitized after each use.
Travel Order for Visitors Entering Massachusetts
According to the State of Ma. “Beginning August 1, 2020, all visitors entering Massachusetts, including returning residents, who do not meet an exemption, are required to:
- Complete the Massachusetts Travel Form (or text “MATraveler” to 888-777) prior to arrival, unless you are visiting from a lower-risk state designated by the Department of Public Health.
- Quarantine for 14 days or produce a negative COVID-19 test result that has been administered up to 72-hours prior to your arrival in Massachusetts.
If your COVID-19 test result has not been received prior to arrival, visitors, and residents must quarantine until they receive a negative test result. Failure to comply may result in a $500 fine per day.”
Activities abound in Chatham!
You could take a day trip to Martha’s Vineyard or Nantucket, charter a sport fishing boat, go on a whale watch, or take a water taxi to a secluded beach. Surrounded by water on three sides and considered by many to be the nicest town on the Cape with its natural beauty and quaint village, make Chatham a classic New England vacation spot.
Centrally located on the elbow of Cape Cod, make Chatham just a short distance to all that the Cape has to offer. Enjoy the beautiful beaches, fishing, boating, hiking at the National Seashore, biking on the Cape Cod Rail Trails, or nearby golf and tennis. Go shopping, antiquing, gallery browsing, or to a Friday Night band concert! Dine out in our many fine restaurants and enjoy native lobsters, steamers and the freshest seafood available anywhere.
Once a quiet fishing community, Chatham has become Cape Cod’s premier destination location. Generations have continued to come back year after year, and we hope you will come and visit too!